Screen Gaskets for Food and Beverage Industries
Screen gasket consists two parts, one is the elastomer gasket external part, and in most cases its section is a standard Tri-Clamp. The gasket part is connected with a stainless steel screen or perforated stainless steel plate as inner part. The material of sealing gasket can be Viton, Buna, EPDM, PTFE, Silicone, NBR and so on, and the material of the screen can be stainless steel wire, copper wire, low carbon steel wire and so on. Our company's screen gaskets are anti-aging and pressure resistant, and they are mainly used in food and beverage industries as well as pharmaceutical industries.
Screen gasket can resist low and high temperature and anti-aging, and they can be used in pharmaceutical, food and chemical applications.
Screen gaskets have various applications and their mesh count ranges from 10 to 400 to satisfy different filtration purpose.
- Gasket material: Buna, FKM, Fluoro elastomer (Viton), EPDM, PTFE (Teflon), Silicon, NBR, HNBR, BR, CR, Hy-Tuf Steel.
- Gasket size: 1/2" - 12" or according to customer request.
- Gasket shape: round, square, rectangle, oval, loop, sock, kidney-shaped, irregular.
- Screen material:
- Metallic: 304,316,316L stainless steel wire, low carbon steel wire, copper wire, nickel-plated copper wire, aluminum wire, nickel based alloy wire, perforated stainless steel piece.
- Non-metallic: Polypropylene, Teflon.
- Screen mesh count: 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 200, 300, 400 mesh.
- Wire diameter: 0.025mm - 2.5mm.
- Temperature range: -50°C - 287°C.
- Standard: U.S. Pharmacopoeia Class VI, Cytotoxicity Criteria, USDA Sanitary Standards, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, EP 3.1.9, FDA, ISO9001, NSF, LFGB, DIN, ASTM, ACS.
- Durometer Hardness Shore A: 30A - 70A, adjustable.
- Surface treatment:
- Talc: physical sunscreen agent.
- Silicone grease: high temperature resistant, anti-aging, ozone resistant, hydrophobicity, water proof, moisture proof, vacuum sealing performance, prevent dust and pollutants into sealing parts.
- Graphite coating: wear resistant.
- Ground surface.
- Color: black, white, semi-transparent, transparent.
- Screen weave type: plain weave, twill weave, dutch weave, dutch twill weave (provide for maximum strength and minimum pressure drop).
- Layer: single or multilayer.
- Packing: inner poly bag and outside carton box or as request.
Screen gasket can also have metallic gasket ring to seal the gap, and it is acid and alkaline resistant.
Sock screen gasket generally has 300% more open area which means 300% more particle collection capability than conventional screen gasket.
A fine particulate elimination system made of comprehensive range of mesh screens can effectively
Advantages of some gasket materials:
- Buna: petroleum based fluids resistant.
- FKM: corrosion resistant.
- Viton: good chemical stability.
- EPDM: anti-aging.
- PTFE: high electrical insulation.
- Silicone: high temperature resistance.
- NBR: oil resistant.
- CR: abrasion resistant.
Screen filter features:
- Abrasion resistant.
- Decrease pump wear and energy consumption.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Acid and alkali resistant.
- Petroleum based fluids resistant.
- High reliability and durability.
- Low and high temperature resistant.
- Good electrical property.
- Environmental compatibility.
- Chemical compatibility.
- Stress resistant.
- Shock absorption.
- Good sealing.
- Our screen gaskets have various applications in our daily life. Protecting sensitive pieces of process equipment, such as spray balls, spray nozzles, filling needles, pumps, one-way valves and accessories. By separating the volume of solids out of the process stream.
- They can also be used for pre-filtration in thin-film filters, coalescence of water vapor from process lines, remove the large particulate before fill and finish process as well as disinfection process, and chromatography purification.
|Buna||Widely used in the food and beverage industries, and the economical choice for seals in engines and equipment where petroleum based oils, lubricants, and fuels are present.
Never use Buna gaskets for ozone, ketones, esters and aldehydes.
|PTFE||Widely used in pharmaceutical, food and chemical applications.|
|Silicone||Widely used in pharmaceutical, high- purity water, injectable, food and beverage applications.|
|Orifice plate||Sanitary orifice plates are widely used in a sanitary process line to constrict or flow downstream, or to maintain a constant pressure upstream.|
Inquiry for Our Product
Boegger Industrial Limited
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.